Sunday 28 November 2010

If I only had a brain!

This would have been the perfect picture to go with my previous post but I have only just thought of it. You've seen it before but I love it and make no apologies for showing it again.

Hope you are managing to keep warm and with no broken down boilers to contend with or footballers to support from the sidelines this weekend. I have found the perfect pastime - ragrugging. My rug is coming on well now and I'm very cosy with it spread across my knees as I work on it. It may not get as far as the floor if this weather continues.

The birds are queuing up for breakfast each morning and yesterday we had quite a flock of seagulls swooping down to see what was on offer. There must have been about 30 of them - one or two were brave enough to land on the lawn and help themselves to some bits of bread but most of them just wheeled about and then flew off. Feeding small birds is one thing, but feeding seagulls is asking for trouble - we'd end up with 300 in no time at all.

9 comments:

Maureen said...

I knew we were in for a cold spell when I saw the Long tailed tits in the garden but I think our snow has even frightened them off. Good idea working on your rag rug, something I've never tried - Yet!

Maggi said...

Good job you didn't think of it or we might not have been told your entertaining seagull story and the tree looks gorgeous whichever post it is in.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Thankk you so much for your good wishes, Heather - they came this morning and are much appreciated.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

I do like that photo! And again, the rag rug across the knees does sound like a good idea in this cold weather! We're all helping Nexi make giraught-stoppers this evening, so the floors are full of bits of fluffy stuffing and threads, but our knees are warm!

Sara lechner said...

rugmaking is one more thing I have to try! mary stanley was so good to send me the tools and material to try it but I didn't get the courage till now. I'll put in in my list for when I come back to austria and perhaps I take it with me to Wales and you show me when I visit!!

Carol Q said...

lovely photo Heather. I will be glad when the cold weather is over I must admit. I think Kirsty's Homemade Home is doing rag rugs next week.

sharon young said...

Lovely photo, Heather. Know the feeling regarding the birds, we have half the neighbourhood in our garden, it costs a fortune, but so worth it. We could't cope with 300 seagulls though.

Downunderdale said...

Hope you are keeping warm indoors

Digitalgran said...

I'm afraid I've lost your email address again Heather, but thanks for your lovely comments. I look forward to seeing your rag rug. A perfect occupation for a ragged old blogger? I haven't made one for many a long year, but there was a lady selling some beautiful ones she'd made at the textile Market today and I thought maybe I could start again.