Monday 25 July 2011

A few additions.

I have added a bit of detail to my thistle drawing as well as some lettering and rubber stamping.



I tore away part of the fern page to reveal the thistle below, and worked whipped running stitch along the torn edge. I found a fern stamp and wrote the word 'Fern' in the top right corner and shaded coiled part of the design. These photos are not good and were taken in great haste.




This is as far as I have got with my mirror image of the fern stencil. I'm not sure what to do with it now, and think a simpler shape would have worked better. For this page I used water soluble crayons.



Back to the drawing board with a new stencil?







4 comments:

Doreen G said...

This is all coming together wonderfully Heather.

Val said...

I think it's brilliant Heather - why do you need a new stencil? Has the 'thistle' worn out? Have you still got the 'negative' you cut out?

Gina said...

Looking good Heather! I love the way you are building on the images.

Carol Q said...

coming on a treat Heather.