Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Problem Solved.

I found that the hook from a humble hook and eye worked a treat at closing my book.


I fixed it in place with two tiny brads - they are like a smaller version of the brass paper fastener. Unfortunately I didn't have two of the right colour and although I painted them and the hook to match the book cover I can see now that they need another coat. It is a bit fiddly to open and close but does the job, and I promise not to talk about it any more!


I had hoped to plant my broad beans out today but each time I thought I'd go out, it started raining and is still raining, so that's it for today.


I'm keeping this post short as I have a marathon one to do on my other blog. It's a nightmare getting all the pictures in the right order when there are so many. Wish me luck.



8 comments:

The Bug said...

I'm in love with your book - really! :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

I knew you would solve the problem!
If you want to get rid of these awful word verification things go to Tom Stephenson on my side bar and scroll down a few posts - it is very easy to do.

Heather said...

Thankyou for that tip Weaver, and Tom - job done and a sigh of relief all round. Hope lots of other Bloggers find out how to do it as well.

Maggi said...

How have I missed the previous two posts? I love the way that you have finished the book. You are certainly going to enjoy yourself with the things from Dale.

Carol Q said...

LOVE that cover Heather. Really finished off your book beautifully.

Chris said...

Hi Heather, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

What a brilliant idea for fixing the hook!! It looks really good...

Wendy said...

The book looks fascinating, I love the solve for closing the book, I may have to borrow that idea sometime :)