Saturday 10 January 2015

Are you sick of birds yet?!

I have finished the drawings I want for my book,

so the book can go back to the library, 

and I can now work out who goes where and begin the lengthy task of sourcing the various bits and pieces I shall need to complete the collages.   I tend to get carried away with enthusiasm and then each page begins to look like the next - I want to avoid that.

There are probably a few other birds which could have been added to this list, but I think 24 is a good number and I am happy to leave it at that.  I am trying hard to ignore the fact that I have seen a blackcap, redwing, fieldfare and probably some others!

What a wild night it has been - last night the wind was so strong it sounded like thunder at times.  I hope you are all safe and sound, and have incurred no damage.  Everywhere looked quite normal here this morning apart from loads of leaves and twigs everywhere.  I have just realized how quiet it is now the wind has dropped - and the sun is out!  It will be nice to have the window open again tonight - I always sleep better with some fresh air coming into the bedroom.

I have just realized how well/badly situated my laptop is.  As I type this, I have my back to the rest of my workroom which is in dire need of being tidied.   I can't see it, but one day I will want to use the worktop under the window which has all but disappeared under piles of stuff.  The job of tidying it is on the pending list but will soon have to become a priority.

5 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely pictures! It's been very windy here too!

The Bug said...

Can't wait to see what you do with these birds!

Tidying is on my list too - including taking down the Christmas tree. It MIGHT happen this month :)

Carol Q said...

definitely not Heather. your drawing just keeps getting better and better!

The Weaver of Grass said...

One of the very few advantages of wearing hearing aids Heather, is that when I take them out to go to bed I can't hear that awful gale.

Those birds are magnificent.

Ro Bruhn said...

Your birds are fabulous Heather. We also suffer from strong winds on a regular basis, but ours often bring down huge branches from the eucalypts, causing major damage. I hope yours settle down.