Monday 13 July 2015

Should I be worried?!!


I found this little book in a charity shop this morning and couldn't resist buying it.   I had several in this series in my childhood and loved them.   I had no idea they were still available - this one is in perfect condition and has over 100 beautifully painted illustrations.  I can remember going round my grandparent's garden (over 70 years ago) looking at the flowers and up into the flowering shrubs to see if there were any fairies there.   I think I must be entering my second childhood though I have stopped looking for fairies!

I gardened myself to a standstill over the weekend and ache gently everywhere.  I was quite pleased to see the rain this morning as it stopped me from going out there for another session.   Had it been a fine day I would have done more, on the premise that what will make you bad will make you better!   Hopefully I will recharge my batteries before I lose my impetus.

 I don't like the idea of gales forecast for later in the week - it seems very unusual for July and strong winds can be so much more damaging to trees when they are in full leaf.   Good conditions for kite flying though!


6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I feel the same about the winds which are forcast Heather. But today it has rained here steadily all day and the plants have really appreciated it. Like you I hope the wind doesn't undo all that good.

Ro Bruhn said...

What a gorgeous little book with so much inspiration inside I'm sure. Sounds like our weather at the moment but it is winter here.

Gina said...

I rather like the idea of you wandering around your garden looking for fairies Heather! Not looking forward to the winds either... Might put paid to my pop up cafe at the weekend.

Carol Q said...

I don't blame you for buying that book Heather. Nothing like stirring old (good!) memories. Hope your ache-y body has recovered. The weather doesn't seem to have been too bad and I must admit it's good to see some rain as our water butt is nearly empty.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I had one of the flower fairies books when I was young, very pretty pictures. I've never found a fairy in a flower, but the bees, hoverflies and other insects are pretty amazing!

Robin Mac said...

What a lovely little book. I used to look for fairies as a child too - what fun memories are. I hope those gales did not do too much damage. Thanks for visiting my blog. Cheers