Saturday 28 November 2015

Long time - no see!

I thought it was high time I posted again.  As you see, here is our hall looking lovely and bright even on a dull and dreary November day.  The only trouble is that I  now notice all the others area that would benefit from being redecorated.  We must be a mucky pair.

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I noticed this little spray of cherry blossom on our tree.  I apologise for the blurred photo but it was wet and windy at the time I took it.

Has anyone seen the dog!!  She will stay down there until she gets too hot and can't bear it any longer.  Just after I took this photo that little hump started moving up and down and I could hear her panting.  Eventually she staggered out from under the bedclothes.  I know some of you will be horrified by this but I do change the sheets when she has gone home and she is so very cuddly.
 Please don't notice the junk on my husband's chest of drawers.  I tidy it at my peril.

I am at last beginning to feel more alive, thanks to a wonderful physiotherapist.   She diagnosed the problem with my left knee some months ago, then progress was halted by a heel spur on my right foot.  By the time that was sorted my legs had become so lazy and walking was jolly hard work and not enjoyable at all.  I then became more and more lethargic and so tired all day long, in spite of sleeping well.   I went back to the physio and she has given me an exercise programme, some of which are quite tough so I know they are hitting the right spots.   I do them every morning before I get dressed.  I have also got back to a daily walk each afternoon and that can be hard work according to how much housework, etc., I have done during the morning.  Progress will be slow I think, but at least I am on the way to regaining a modicum of fitness and getting various tasks done each day.

I hope the weather soon dries out a bit as there are magnificent buttercups just waiting to take over several parts of the garden, as well as healthy looking plants of various other thugs I thought I had got rid of earlier in the year.  Sadly the soil is rather like thick porridge and it's pouring with rain as I write this.

I hope I manage another post before Christmas!

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nice to hear from you again Heather - are you still managing to fit in any handwork?

Lyn said...

Hello again!
I'm curious...did you make your patchwork bed spread? I have one I made years ago and it looks just like that one!
xxx

Carol Q said...

sorry you haven't been fit Heather. it's very easy to become unfit and takes much longer to get fit again doesn't it? hall looks lovely but what I did notice was a patchwork quilt. did you make that?? as you can see, I've pretty much given up blogging. I'm doing a mixture of hand quilting and machine quilting at the moment but don't feel the need to post any more. strange how life moves on isn't it?

Heather said...

Yes, I did make the quilt but made the mistake of using furnishing fabrics, some of which have frayed badly, so it doesn't bear close scrutiny. I do like the colours and it is still very cosy.

Ro Bruhn said...

Lovely quilt Heather. I do hope your knees and legs improve quickly, it can be very frustrating not having ones mobility.

Gina said...

Good to hear from you Heather. I'm barely finding time to read blogs these days never mind write a blog post.