Friday 11 May 2018

Decisions, decisions.

I have made a start on my hare book but, having completed one page, I am bogged down by indecision as to how I should continue.   I would like each page to have it's own identity somehow, but this is probably just over-complicating what is a very simple book.

I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and discovered such a treasure trove of wonderful things that I have completely overloaded my imagination and am drawn in all directions at once.  You can have too much of a good thing!   I think I shall have to put it to one side for a while and focus on something else to allow everything to settle down.

At least I am not rushing headlong into this project as I usually do.  So often I have been disappointed with the result and have thought of ways in which I might have improved the piece had I not been in such a hurry.

A week ago I enjoyed a mug of chilled soup with my lunch - today I was glad to have a mug of hot soup.  You definitely need sleeves today but the cooler temperature made my daily walk easier and more comfortable.  Pros and cons.





4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes Heather, I agree. Putting things on the back burner for a while often solves this kind of problem. I have always adored your books however you have done them.

Bonnie said...

I understand how Pinterest can overload your imagination! There is so much on Pinterest you can easily get lost in it all. It can be helpful to give your thoughts a break and go back fresh at a later time. I hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy some pleasant weather.

Ro Bruhn said...

I love Pinterest, but it can take you in so many directions it's hard to decide what to do with all of the inspiration.

liparifam said...

Totally agree with the thoughts on Pinterest! And I also understand exactly what you mean - I feel that often I don't start projects because I feel like I will never be able to get them just exactly the way I want them, so why try? Somehow, I often manage turn what should be FUN into WORK :( But I try to remember that it's ART - it is unique, and there IS no "perfect". And we should try to take enjoyment in the process, not just the product :)