Monday 4 June 2018

Monday's post - part 2! Subtitle: If at first you don't succeed .....!

Meet Bubba.  I'm not sure about the name but just look at that lovely little face.  He is not able to be re-homed but is very well looked after by the Dogs' Trust.

This is the cover for the Hare book.  I might try to improve it as the soldering iron hasn't scorched the fabric enough around the edges, and I'd like a bit more definition on the motif itself.   To fiddle, or not to fiddle?   That is the question.

I think this is my favourite page as it reminds me of the leveret we, or rather our labrador, discovered in the paddock behind a house we lived in years ago.  Fortunately the dog was a great softy and just stood looking at the leveret wagging his tail.  I was thrilled to think we had hares breeding in our little field.

I'm quiet pleased with this page and drew it in pen on the reverse of a printed fabric.  Much easier to work on than the silk pages previously shown.

Lastly the running hare.  I don't think his hind quarters are big enough and want to strengthen the colouring of the background and foreground, but am scared of mucking it up.  When in doubt do nowt.

After all my technical struggles I am now going to recline in my reclining chair with a cuppa.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Every page is a work of art Heather.

Bonnie said...

I love the cover page and the page with the butterflies is so pretty. They are all just beautiful. Thank you for sharing the picture of Bubba too. He looks like a happy little guy!

liparifam said...

The cover! What are the hares made from? Love it. Oh, that sweet pup :)

Heather said...

I cut out the shape of the three hares from heavy vilene and glued it in place. It was coloured with Inktense block aided with a little water to distribute the colour more evenly.