Monday 5 November 2018

Partial Success.


I have been trying out a new way of posting photos and this one was taken about 4 years ago.  I love the lacy effect that the nibbling insects have created in this dock leaf.

I used this as an experiment to see if I could post photos again but it isn't what I was looking for.  For some reason all the more recent photos which are on my camera don't seem to have been transferred onto the laptop.  All I have to do now is figure out why!

It is very remiss of me not to have posted for so long but I suppose I have nothing interesting to report or show you.  Life has swept me along and kept me busy and I am still plucking up the courage to draw something worthwhile.   What is new?   I am hoping it will be like a boil and suddenly burst and I can shout 'Eureka'!

See you shortly.

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Well that leaf is certainly worth posting Heather, it is beautiful. I wonder how you could transfer this effect to your fantastic embroidery.

Bonnie said...

How nice to hear from you again! I understand the problems with getting photos on your computer. I have a camera that came with a wire to hook up between the camera and computer and I can transfer photos easily like that most of the time. I love that lacey leaf! It would be nice to use it as a stencil I would think.

Gina said...

Nothing wrong with ticking along Heather x

WendyK said...

A beautiful leaf, it may be possible to create the same effect with soluble film and machine embroidery. As soon as I can drive again I will come down to see you. Don't worry I haven't been banned, I have to wait for four weeks after my op. It's driving me mad. No pun intended.
Hugs Wendy.

Carol Q said...

Hallo Ragged Old Blogger, so nice to see you are still about. I stopped blogging a couple of years ago because I'd had enough of it but I'm still creating. I've been doing some quilting for the past couple of years and now discovered bag making - not quilted totes but bags with frames and metal work and rivets and all sorts of different interfacings and waddings - great fun and lots to learn. Given my machine a huge challenge to get all the thick fabrics through! Hope you and yours are all well. Carolx

Unknown said...

Hi Heather. I thought I would see how you are and good to know you are still out there! GTA have an exhibition in Nailsea for a week - a new venue to finish the year. All working hard. I want to see another of your books......
Sallyx

Robin Mac said...

I have hardly been looking at blogs for the last couple of months but I was delighted to see you had posted again - I love the leaf photo. I hope you discover soon how to post photos as you always had such interesting ones.
I keep thinking that tomorrow I will have more time to read blogs, but that never seems to happen! At present we are in the midst of an appalling heat wave temps in the high 30s for the past week and even up to 40 last Wednesday. Not predicted to cool down for another week yet! I think I will be hiding in the air conditioning and reading blogs so I shall catch up!!