Friday 5 July 2019

A good haul.

This morning I found all this fabric for £3.99 in our Oxfam shop.

It was all stapled together with goodness knows how many staples - I lost count - and most of them were rusted into the fabric.  Some of them were huge, but no blood was spilled during their removal!

It is always worth taking a look to see what has come in, and I have found several treasures in there.

Sadly the colours are rather washed out in my photos but there is a good range of soft blues, greens and neutrals which will make lovely strong covers for books.  Some pieces are quite generously sized and would make bags.

 I vacuumed before I went out and then spent a couple of hours this afternoon wresting with the staples and sticky strips round the edges of each piece, sprinkling myself and the carpet with little white flecks.  Oh well, I can vacuum again tomorrow.

4 comments:

bbarna said...

There is a product in Canada called CLR that removes rust stains...not sure if you have it there, but it would probably take out the staple rust. Who staples fabric together?
Barb (quilter from Canada)

The Weaver of Grass said...

What a find! In my quilting days I would have been 0verjoyed.

Hill Top Post said...

I also wonder who stapled the fabrics together. I see so many wonderful pieces there! Lucky you!

WendyK said...

Some of the lighter coloured ones will be great for the Language of flowers workshop. I'll bring mine down when I come to see you, so you get an idea of the type of fabric you need.