Wednesday 8 April 2020

A little visitor.


Spot the shield bug!  It is a green one and appeared on my window as I was enjoying my after lunch cuppa today.  We have beautiful sunshine again and no wind.  Perhaps I will get to see the full moon tonight.  (Having problems here!!)

I know I have been absent from blogging for several months but I have not been idle.  I have been busy making more scrapbook/journals from junk mail and discarded books.  This one has a medieval theme.  I use pieces cut from greetings cards, damaged books, magazines and anywhere else that has a picture I like the look of.

This one, as the name suggests, has a bee and lavender theme. and it's cover was made from two thicknesses of cereal packet card plus a layer of printed paper.

My latest one has a Spring theme.  Double thickness paper for the cover and junk mail pages including envelopes,  brown paper, book pages, etc.  The spine is decorated with dyed silk cocoons threaded individually and fastened at the top of the spine.  I have only shown the covers here and not the pages themselves as that could become a very long post and might get boring.

I have lots more ideas and rescued junk papers, which is just as well because this pastime seems to have become an addiction.  Goodness knows what I will do with them all.  At least there is plenty of time to be filled just now!  We have a wonderful charity book shop here which is a rich source of material.  So pleased I went a bit crazy in there before the shops closed!

I hope you are all keeping safe and finding enjoyable ways to fill your time.  At least we have some lovely weather to cheer us up while we cope with these very strange times.

No comments: