Thursday 18 February 2010

Ground Hog Day?

We've been here before, haven't we? I DON'T WANT ANY MORE SNOW!! It's not listening to me and still snowing.
At about ten o'clock this morning we set off on our usual Thursday jaunt for the weekly shopping and lunch out somewhere. It was starting to snow but sounded like rain on the car roof as it was so wet. About a mile away from home everywhere was beginning to look rather white and a little further on the sky all round us was leaden with no sign of lighter patches, so we turned round and headed for our nearest supermarket, stocked up and then came home. My photo was taken at about 12.00. It's now 2.30 pm and our road is almost impossible to get out of - we have just watched a driver inching his way up the slope, wheels spinning. I am beginning to wish we still had our tennis rackets - I could tie them to my feet and go for a walk. As it is, I shall make some marmalade and then do a bit more to the pages for my tile book. The weather doesn't normally affect me very much but this year oh! how I long for it to be Spring.

5 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Hello,
We have heavy snow in Warwickshire,it started about 1.30 and it's still coming down hard.
At least it's half term so the children can enjoy it!
I'm keeping warm by the fire sewing.x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Me too Heather, me too. I have never longed for spring so much in my whole life. Incidentally, so far it is not snowing here - the sun is almost shining.

Anonymous said...

I sympathise with you. We also had a lot of snow up North yesterday, but at least it didn't last. I think we are all needing some serious sunshine and warmth now! At least the nights are pulling out and there are more daylight hours for crafting. Roll on Spring and switch on the sunshine!
Penny :)

Carol Q said...

been the same here too Heather but at least it seems to be melting. Hope yours disappears soon.

BT said...

Oh what a lot of snow you've had this year. Apart from the big falls just before Christmas, we've only had a few light showers. You were wise to turn back in time.