Here are my attempts at Gina's monoprinting exercise - see her blog 'Fan My Flame'. I jotted down her instructions and was fooled by the seeming simplicity of them into thinking this would be a breeze. In fact, I found it quite difficult and haven't yet produced anything I'm pleased with.
I threw away my first two attempts. I used Galeria acrylic in a tube and that was far too thick. Then I tried Inscribe acrylic in those little bottles but that was too runny. (This sounds a bit like the tale of the three bears!) Then I had a go with an Adirondack acrylic paint dabber and just removed the dabber part to put a blob onto my plate. This worked better but did dry very fast.
I also drew my first two attempts with an old plastic knitting needle but found a biro far easier to use and it gave a better result. The ball point glides over the paper so smoothly.
I seem to have an echo going on here. I don't know how that occurred.
My ghost images are a little too ghostly even though I rubbed my hand over the plate quite firmly each time, and thought there was enough paint on the plate to begin with.
I shall rediscover them up by adding more colour to the background and to my design. To get a good result, I think a lot depends on the paper being used as well as the type of acrylic paint. I enjoyed trying this technique and have pressed several hopefully 'ribby' leaves to try out the next one.