Followed by 'Instead the garden's full of thistles, daisies, clover, stinging nettles'.
Over the years, I have collected some very nice wild flower rubber stamps and used them for these two pages. I didn't have one for stinging nettles though - you'll have to imagine those. I tore rough squares of good drawing paper, applied gentle colour from Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads and stamped the flowers using the same inks but in a darker green. The daisy petals were coloured with a white gel pen and I used water soluble crayons for everything else. At least I drew the grass myself!! I pierced holes all round the edges of each piece of paper to make the stitching easier when I applied it to the page.
This pages precedes the other two in the book and so I should have loaded it to appear before them. I had problems loading them and am just pleased to find them on here at all. I made the little tree on water soluble fabric and hand stitched the commercial flowers in place and added a few bits of greenery.
I have broken my self imposed rule to work each page in correct order. This is the last page and I can't tell you how many times I tried to make a convincing looking chair! It's quite tricky getting sufficient detail to identify the object when working so small. This is the best effort to date, but could be superceded if a better one comes along.
There are four more pages to work on and they will be the most difficult I think, as they involve birds, bees and butterflies. One of these days I'll make life easy for myself and take up knitting squares for blankets.