Wednesday 21 November 2012

Be careful what you wish for!

I was going to show a couple of photos of what greeted me when I opened the curtains this morning but apparently I have used up all my alloted photo storage space and must make arrangements if I want more, so sorry, but no pics until then.

After a few very wet days and more rain overnight we woke to find what closely resembled a small stream along the back of the house.   Now I have always dreamed of having a house with a little stream flowing through the garden but when I looked out onto murky water all over the patio and into the border it wasn't quite what I'd had in mind.  There are puddles in places where I have never seen puddles before.

It is almost mid-day and I've only just been able to do without the light on, but the clouds seem to have lifted and I do believe it has stopped raining at last.   If there is one mention of drought or hosepipe bans next year I shall laugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your rain has stopped by now; ours hasn't and we had a cloudburst earlier and I got very wet.

Carol Q said...

it's come very close to the 2007 flooding here today Heather. The River Chelt has burst it's banks and is flooding the local park. If we have any more tomorrow we could be in trouble I think.

sharon young said...

It really is too much all this grey cloud and rain, lets hope we get some sun soon..... And your garden emerges from the stream.

Linda Vincent said...

This is my main reason for dreading autumn and winter - today I had to put the light on in the lounge at 2pm! Horrible, horrible.....

Twiglet said...

I had same prob with blogger - just switched off and started again - no prob. Think it's blogger bloggering about! x Jo

The Weaver of Grass said...

I thought of you when I saw the photographs on the television Heather - do hope that awful dirty water doesn;t get into the house.