It's too hot for gardening but I have made the most of this lovely weather by following the instructions in Cas Holmes book for sun printing. I just used seedheads from the garden plus one piece of fresh foliage which would have worked better had I pressed it first.
These alium heads have definitely given the best result.
I could have used stronger colours on my fabric but was scared of being to heavy handed and making it look garish. I used a spray of acquilegia seedheads plus a bit of something else - is it telima?
I quite like these ghostly patterns from the vetch type leaves.
This one is a bit too ghostly - again telima I think, if I have the right name.
Then I wondered about found objects and just used shapes. These are precut Grungboard shapes - I love these swirls.
I inculded bits cut from a very grubby lace doily which might find it's way into a collograph plate one day.
As well as the sunprints I have ended up with some dyed lace ......
and these intriguing patterns which mysteriously found their way onto the foam board which was under a sheet of plastic!
We have a weekend guest who arrived just as I was having a breather. She has brought her toys with her and is not impressed with people who need to rest their weary legs. We'll go for a walk later when it is cooler - (she said hopefully).