Tuesday 11 November 2014

The Last Rose of Summer.

This lovely rose flowers in the summer then has another little burst quite late in the year.   It really brightens up the front garden on a grey November day.

I had begun to think we were going to have a green autumn and that the cherry tree would never start to take on colour, but at last it is on the move.   The field maples which turn a lovely golden yellow have long done their stuff and dropped their leaves.

So much for my sophisticated planting plan when I planted up my tubs outside the front door.  This white cyclamen has a couple of rogue magenta flowers which were not planned for, but still look lovely, nonetheless.

There is not much doing on the creative front - too many ideas buzzing round and nothing coming of them.  I shall have to resort to housework if something doesn't turn up soon.  Desperate measures indeed!

7 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Haven't the roses lasted wellthis year Heather? We have quite a few still out and plenty of buds - I expect a few sharp frosts will finish the off though.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Haven't the roses lasted wellthis year Heather? We have quite a few still out and plenty of buds - I expect a few sharp frosts will finish the off though.

Ro Bruhn said...

Our garden is a wash with roses, our season is just beginning, although they will be looking a little flushed by tonight as we are expecting 34 deg c today.

sharon young said...

What a lovely splash of late colour, it's such a treat to see it when the days are dark. I think I'll have to introduce some pansies to my beds for the winter.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog.

CarolQ said...

lovely garden pics as ever Heather. it's been so mild no wonder they've hung on. aaagh not housework!!

Linda Vincent said...

Those roses are ablaze with autumnal colour...clever things! Beautiful.....

Linda Vincent said...

PS...thanks for coming to see me...lovely to hear from you. X