Tuesday 30 April 2019

By George - she's got it!!

This photo should have appeared in the previous post and shows the cover of the little book I mentioned.

Here is a page of my drawings in the book.   The idea was to use pen and go straight in - no pencil and rubber to rub out any mistakes.

A slight change of subject - these are a stack of my twiddle muffs for dementia patients waiting for their embellishments.  Sadly our local woolshop has closed and I have lost my dropping off point.  However, I have plenty of wool to use up and have no doubt I'll find a way of getting the next lot to a hospital.

Now, here is what I have been doing with a bit more space to work on.  I love wild flowers and this little book is my way of celebrating some of my favourites.  I must be honest and tell you that the butterfly was stamped on but I did draw that little bee and the ladybird.

The rather splendid bumble bee on the left hand page was done with a stamp.


I used a script stamp on this page.


So there you have it.  I had to try taking fresh photos and posting them myself to make sure it worked.  Now I shall have a cup of tea and then lie down in a darkened room as my brain hurts!   Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks - I am feeling rather chuffed.

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Heather, I absolutely adore your little books. I didn't realise you were still making them - every one you have posted is a work of art.

Bonnie said...

I love your book! I have always enjoyed the ones you posted in the past and it is so nice to see another one. Congratulations for figuring out the posting of pictures. Computers and internet don't always work like we expect them to do they!

Gina said...

Your drawings are beautiful Heather. They have made a lovely book x

WendyK said...

What a fabulous book, your drawings are lovely, good practice for the language of flowers workshop.