........ when you decide to have a good clear out! These came to light yesterday and were experiments using the top layer of patterned paper table napkins bonded onto felt and then machine stitching added.
The mesh on the one above was made by machining diagonal line all over a double layer of napkin tissue (the bottom two layers which are plain) then making it wet and rubbing the tissue away.
This had the tulips outlined with stitching and then the background torn away.
This apple design was an attempt to achieve a pointilist effect using just French Knots to create the blend of colour. It was an exercise for a course I did some years ago.
This still life was handstitched directly onto it's calico background.
Hoping to have some new experiments before long, now that I have reorganised my work room and got rid of things I no longer want to work with, and can now find the ones I do like more easily.
I am ashamed at the number of note books and sketchbooks I discovered - most of which had about four or five pages used then abandonned. I am set up for life, even if I live as long as my mother did. She reached 102!