Today I have added the linings/end papers and worked zigzag stitch round all edges to hold them in place. I used a deep pink for the tulip books and soft green for the narcissus. The end papers are 'fabric paper' made to Beryl Taylor's instructions in her book 'Mixed Media Explorations'. The piece I had made was rather dull so I sprayed it with Moonshadow Mist Golden Dubloons to perk it up a bit.
The colours are actually prettier than they appear in these pics and the stitched edging gives a nice finish.
The next job is to apply a coat - maybe two - of acrylic wax to strengthen the surface and protect the tissue flowers from wear and tear, then I must add the pages and stitch them in place. I'll show you the finished product when it is all completed.
Another sign of spring. I caught sight of these lovely fat clematis buds just outside the kitchen window. I think I'll leave the untidy looking dead leaves a little longer in case they are needed for protection if we get another cold spell. It's still early in the year, even if I have been going round the house turning radiators down today - no doubt I shall be wanting to turn them up again before long.