Tuesday 27 September 2011

Inside and outside.

It's been too wet to work outside lately so I had another go with the Flower Stitcher foot and am beginning to get the hang of it now. I even managed to get a small circle centred inside a large one, after the third attempt. The first two look like googly eyes!
I like the border you can get by taking a hot soldering iron round the outside edge, and it is very therapeutic sitting and burning out the centres with it. I plan to try attaching single 'flowers' to the ends of a cord for decoration.

Yesterday morning we woke to grey skies and fine rain which left everthing decorated with tiny drops of water.


This is the bronze fennel which I keep meaning to cut down before it seeds itself everywhere. If the sun had been shining the droplets would have sparkled like diamonds.


The purple toadflax keeps on flowering week after week. I'm longing to cut it down but can't yet as the bees love it, though it is getting to look rather untidy.


I love this 'beaded' netting over the strawberries - isn't it fantastic? It would have taken ages to stitch all those in place!!



Strangely this spider's web escaped the drops of water completely. I'm glad to say the occupant was not at home.











6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Heather, there is an embroidery in every one of those pictures. Hopefully the weather is lovely with you too now.

Carol Q said...

Lovely photos Heather. I've afraid I've been a right copy cat and bought a flower stitcher foot too - couldn't resist. It is definitely a trial and error thing but great fun and I like the effects you can create with it. As I've got the week off I've been having a go. I did laugh when you said you find it therapeutic to burn things! lol

Heather said...

Pat: It's a lovely day here and I've done quite a lot of gardening - even I can see the difference now!
Carol: The flower stitcher is a bit addictive and I want to try more things before I actually make something with it. I was always a good child so maybe my destructive nature is only just emerging!!

Doohie said...

The flower stitcher foot looks like fun.
The spider wasn't at home, but where was he hiding? Lovely photos of the raindrops.

Maureen said...

Love your rain photo's Heather!! and a belated thank you for the recipe - got it when we got home yesterday!! will give it a go.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful raindrop pictures!