Friday 12 November 2010

For those of nervous disposition, look away now!

No, we haven't been burgled and vandalised - this is what come of hastily dumping stuff in one's workroom. I quickly made room for my daughter to use the little bedroom and so several things came into my workroom. I had been meaning to tidy things for some time but it was the last straw when I emptied my two large bags of stuff from the workshop earlier this week. We collected my sewing machine from being serviced yesterday and I couldn't even stand it on it's table. Something had to be done so I got stuck in and now it looks like this ....
There is still too much in this room - I have too many books and too much stuff but if I throw anything away I might need it. At least the other rooms in the house are tidy!
.
I know the first photo will shock some people, but it might make one or two others feel better. I certainly feel better from looking at the second one. Can I go to bed now please? I promise I'll tidy the computer desk tomorrow.

12 comments:

Carol Q said...

ROFL - made me feel better Heather!

JustJules said...

You are officially to gain child status, and poke things under the table in my workroom...thus keeping yours tidy and hiding the evidence. Didn't we have a relative that was super-tidy? Couldn't you get her in as a poltergeist? I'm sure some of them must actually tidy up.....

Jackie said...

It doesn't shock me a bit..just cheers me up to know someone else is as untidy as I am. I have a bash at clearing up between projects.

DIAN said...

I guess we are experiencing similar problems with our work spaces. I have had to "find" the guest beds for overnight visitors this weekend.

I love the nice tidy look though.

Heather said...

I was overcome by a masochistic urge to display my sluttishness and shame myself into dealing with it! Glad I made you feel better Carol and Jackie, and Jules, I won't add to the clutter in your room though it still looks better than mine. The spare room has become a sacred space here Dian although things are creeping back. I can't work out how they get in there when I keep the door shut all the time!!

Doreen G said...

Nothing is different at my place Heather--it looks the same as yours.

jill said...

My dining room looks like this now, I am clearing it tomorrow. well done on clearing your space

BT said...

Well what a busy lady you've been! I love the 'before' and 'after' shots! It was a mess indeed but looks much better now. I love having a good tidy up but my room soon gets in a mess again. I just glanced around and it IS a mess!! Well done you.

sharon young said...

I think the first pic is wonderful, Heather, i'm itching to get in there and rummage, and as for the second pic, home from home, a Horn cabinet and a is that Bernina 1130 on it, just the same as me if so. Thanks for sharing I love seeing other peoples work spaces.

Stitchety Grub said...

I am sooo impressed - my studio looks like a bomb has gone off in it - I decided a couple of weeks ago to take out my Imperial size (huge!) drawing board which has been there for 15 years - but had been putting it off - yesterday my little LCD TV in there died so today I went and got a new HD one and I have a new desk arriving at the end of the week
so I will now HAVE to tidy - I will take pics before and after - hopefully it will be an improvement LOL!

Maureen said...

You made a really good job of that room, can you come and do mine now please!

Linda Vincent said...

Hah...it looks too tidy now!! I should go in there, do something arty and mess it up a bit :-)
(Peachy would love to tip up one of your thread boxes :-)