Our new neighbours seem to have settled in and this is what greeted us this morning. The nest seems to have been strengthened and almost resembles a nest now. We have closed the bedroom window for the duration and hope not to wake up with a headache each morning!
The light was awful when I took these photos and it makes them look so grey and dismal, when in fact the colours are very gentle and subtle, but still quite pleasing. The one above has had no alterations as I quite like it as it is.
Again, this one might get the tufts of grass treatment and doesn't look nearly as dreary in reality as it does here. I feel that the stone on the left needs to be a little more integrated with the rest of the design. I'll see what I can come up with. It odd how much easier it is to see the shortcomings of each piece on here, when just looking at them doesn't do the trick.
Just over a week ago I bought a pack of Lily of the Valley roots/tubers or whatever they have. I took it out into the garden and prepared a space, opened the packet and gently shook out the contents, only to find dry compost and nothing else! I returned the pack to the shop and was given another and now have to wait for the ground to dry out a bit as we have had so much rain in the past few days - not heavy rain but semi-constant drizzle, and everywhere is so soggy. They should flower in May but will be rather late I fear if I can't plant them quickly. I know this pack is OK because I can see the roots through the inner bag.