Saturday 3 September 2011

This and That.

I have been spending quite a bit of time with this little furry friend recently. She was with us over last weekend and again today while her owners were busy elsewhere. She is such good company and can be quite vocal when she wants my attention.

It's doubtful that the Glastonbury Thorn will ever look like this again after being vandalised several months ago, but the good news is that the new shoots which appeared earlier this year are growing well and there is a strong possibility that it will even flower at Christmas.
.

I have started work on my course with Distant Stitch and made the first post on my new blog which is named Inspiripedia. My daughter came up with the name after I had got fed up because every time I thought of one, I found it had already been taken.

The first exercise was mark-making and I had to use various implements and brushes as well as different papers but work with only one tube of paint, apart from creating a contrasting background colour. I started quite tentatively and then found it hard to stop. I hope I haven't done too much!

.

I read through the new Workshop on the Web programme yesterday - there are some great things in this issue and I have printed off a couple. I can foresee a very busy autumn ahead.

6 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Lucky you to have your little visitor so often. I really hope the Galstonbury tree recovers, vandals are the absolute pits. Cheers

WendyK said...

Gosh, you have so much energy Heather. Well done for doing an online course, I don't have the discipline to keep them up. I will follow your progress with interest.
Love the fern leaf prints.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Am off to your new blog immeddiately Heather.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Looks like alovely dog to spend time with!

I hate when people vandalise trees, i do hope the Glastonbury Thorn recovers

Maureen said...

Perhaps you should get your own furry friend Heather!!! or have you one already? Hope you enjoy your course, It's time I thought of doing another or perhaps not.

Maggi said...

I can never understand the need to vandalise, especially something like the Glastonbury Thorn. Looks like your furry friend is having as much fun as you are. Great new blog.