Friday 20 July 2012

I'm still here!

Dear blogger has reorganised posting on my blog so completely that I feel I have no control over what is going on.   For a start I can't begin adding text to the left hand side of the page.  Why can't they leave things alone!!!!!!!!

All the pictures are in wrong order but at least I have found out to control the text - no I'm not clever, my daughter turned up in time to stop me having a nervous breakdown!!
Back to the pictures.   The one at the top of this post is purple toadflax, regarded as a weed by some gardeners but I love it and so do the bees.   There should be a bee in the photo somewhere but they wouldn't keep still long enough for me to get a close-up.

Miss Blackbird was taking the air and enjoying the warmth - I almost missed her in the dappled shade in the border.
Note that blogger is winning and not doing what my daughter showed me.  Having said that, there is always the possibility that when I hit the publish button things will alter again.

This day lily was given to me by a friend and was so small it was growing in a yoghurt pot.   It is now magnificent and a gorgeous burgundy colour, not at all pink as it appears in this photo.

I love the way new fern leaves unfurl.   They have been very happy with all this year's rain.

I think the hydrangea's liked it too as the entire shrub is full of these gorgeously blowsy flower heads.

There is a path through here, believe it or not.   I have cleared it thoroughly twice this year and it looks as if it's time to have another go.   There are possibly little forgotten treasures in there somewhere being absolutely swamped by all that greenery.

I was amazed to find that it is so long since my last post - where does the time go?

7 comments:

Maggi said...

Lovely photos of your garden Heather. I like Purple Toadflax too - anything that keeps the bees happy!

The Bug said...

That is a gorgeous hydrangea! and I love your "supposed" path through the green :)

Carol Q said...

the time does fly by doesn't it Heather? I think the hydrangea's have had a ball this year with all the rain. lovely photos from your garden again. hope you're well.

sharon young said...

Lovely summer pics, Heather and the sun is finally out, hurray! Hope it is with you.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Glad to know that you are still there Heather. Where does the time go indeed.
As for Blogger - you just have to keep calm and carry on blogging otherwise you would go mad. I suffer similar problems.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Heather. I came over from Nellie's blog to visit. Beautiful flower photos, and looking back, I fell in love with your book and all it's marvelous pages. Wow!
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Julia Ionov said...

hi heather, those are really lovely flowers. i have never seen those pretty flowers in my whole life!
web design ventura