Friday 3 January 2014

A Creative New Year?

On January 1st I browsed the Stef Francis website to see what I fancied in her January Sale, and this is what I received this morning!    How's that for service?
I couldn't resist these two hanks of Sari ribbon - I love the colours which are sadly dulled in my photos.  In reality they are richer.

I then spotted this hank of Sari strips which are wider than the ribbon and again in lovely rich colours.

The first two hanks soon changed into these balls of silk - I have been knitting with the one on the left.

And the Sari strips turned into this ............
and this ...................
and this.
I plan to iron them out flat and bond them onto background fabric.  I will add hand stitching and maybe machine stitching too, and eventually they will become book covers.

I love Stef Francis' 12strand silk threads and find them very versatile - again gorgeous colours.

I also bought 2 packs of these little metal beads which I know I will find very useful.   So, the weather can do what it likes and I shall play.

I hope you are all safe and sound, above any floodlines and free of germs.  

18 comments:

Maggi said...

I am drooling and what excellent service.

Rowan said...

What lovely colours, I love those silk threads they are just gorgeous.

Reifyn said...

Those ribbons are beautiful: I love the colours. When I first saw the thumbnail of the first photo I thought it looked like some little creature all curled up for the winter. If I had that bit, I don't think I'd be able to unravel it—not till spring anyway.

Carol Q said...

ooh Heather, lovely sari ribbon - I made a book cover with the last skein I bought. love your threads and metal bits too.

Carol Q said...

ooh Heather, lovely sari ribbon - I made a book cover with the last skein I bought. love your threads and metal bits too.

Helen said...

A lovely collection of goodies! Those threads are particularly gorgeous.

sharon young said...

Such gorgeous colours, Heather, can't wait to see how you use all these wonderful treasures.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what beautiful supplies, I'm sure you'll make wonderful things with them all

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am so envious Heather. In my craftwork days I could never resist Stef Francis's stuff - her colours are so subtle. Happy crafting.

Sandies' Patch said...

I love all things Stef Francis!
I once bought(in the days when I could afford to)an 'Inspiration pack'. It had a bundle of the threads, some mesh,some silk cocoons and rods and other things, just gorgeousness!
Apart from making the 'rosettes', from the rods and giving the metal mesh to my sister for her little shed to cover the heart shaped cut-out on the door(to stop wasps nesting in there.),I never got 'arty' inspired to use the cocoons-
any ideas?

Iz said...

Ooh! That lot beats stocking up with cut price socks and pants in the sales!

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful things to own, I shall have to investigate that site, thank you.

Suztats said...

I'm drooling......happy playing!

Ro Bruhn said...

What gorgeous colour combinations. Love them all.

Totalfeckineejit said...

You won't be sari for buying all those lovely thingies!

Robin Mac said...

Saw this post a day or so ago but had no time to comment. I love all the stuff you have bought, especially the sari ribbons. Have a wonderful creative time with them all. Cheers

Sara lechner said...

I wonder what you are going to do with all these wonderful materials. here in Argentina I can't buy from the web so that I will have to be twice as creative...

Linda Vincent said...

Oh wow...what gorgeous treasures. I love it when an art parcel arrives in the post......happy day! X