They have to take a back seat every so often, as I get down to work on the next coursework module, but in between I can have another splurge and get a bit more done. I am hoping that when I have finished this project I shall be brave enought to sketch onto an entire clean page and not have to tear bits out and darken the edges first before plucking up the courage to draw!
I have to check and treble check that they are in the right order and have only had to unpick and restitch one page so far. What throws me into confusion is that the Ogham signs are in groups of 5 and my pages are in groups of 4. Add to that the fact that the pages are joined together back-to-back and I need them to follow on in the correct sequence. There has been a lot of muttering while I work out if all is as it should be.
Eight more to do and then I will have to start thinking about the cover. I had in mind to make quite an elegant one, but the pages took me over and have become quite rustic in character so the cover needs to be in keeping with that. Just as well perhaps as I'm not too good at elegant.
It is a glorious winter day here - clear sky and bright sunshine, but bitterly cold and we have mini icebergs on the pond. It's almost a crime to be indoors but I thought that staying in a steady temperature was the sensible thing to do and it has paid off as I haven't coughed so much today. On the advice of one of my daughters I tried making 'tea' with one Echinacea capsule - tipping out the contents into a cup of hot water. It's very effective but pretty foul so I added a teaspoon of honey which makes it much more palatable. It's nearly time for another one.