Wednesday 3 July 2019

Only a drop in the ocean, but ...........

I have just done my first anti-single-use plastic shopping today, and found it far less daunting than I feared.  As it becomes a regular habit I will get more efficient.
I found the staff at my local Tesco supermarket very helpful and understanding, allowing me to use my own containers for some items or wrapping items in greaseproof paper, and accepting my returned unwanted non-recycled plastic when I handed it in to customer services.
I found the re-usable zip fastened freezer bags more useful than some containers so will take more of them next time.
A little more thought is required to make sure I get better results, but as I live alone I have no excuse not to put the effort in.
I understand that working mums would find it far more difficult.  To quote the Tesco slogan 'Every Little Helps'.

4 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Weaver of Grass said...

Not heard anything about this Heather - sounds a bit complicated to me.

Heather said...

Not really Pat, it is just a way of making supermarkets aware of the amount of unwanted packaging on everything these days. If you live in a town with plenty of independent shopkeepers, you can buy everything without packaging. If not, you are stuck with almost everything wrapped in plastic.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.